Wednesday, September 16, 2015

My Lincoln Pledge

Lincoln is our school. It is our school, but sometimes the perpetuated stereotypes of Lincoln make a handful of us feel ashamed that it is our school.  This school has been in hot water many times, and it was us, the students, who helped the school out. If we can push our school away from stereotypes just like we did with budget cuts and teacher layoffs, we can keep Lincoln alive.

Here are the stereotypes about our school: Lincoln students are dumb. Students at Lincoln do not care about education. It is a rough school. I've told people that I was going to Lincoln, and most of them were like, "You sure you want to go to that school?" I told them I wanted to succeed. But the stereotypes are just not true. These are the kinds of stereotypes that drive support away from Lincoln. There are kids that want good, high quality education, but without support that would be impossible. And support comes from good reputation.

That's why I pledge to be a good student, get a 4.0 GPA, always arrive on time, participate in school activities, and go to college. Long story short, I pledge to succeed. I pledge to succeed to become one of the students that will prove the stereotypes wrong, and if we all can do that, we can give Lincoln a new reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment